Network Defence Resources
The resources page is where you will find links to all sorts of useful things for your specialism. It’s updated regularly so check back again soon. All tools and guides mentioned in hands on activities will be linked from this page.
News and Worthwhile Blogs
- The SANS Internet Storm Center. Tracks trends, emerging threats, non-stop stats.
- The Reddit Network Security subreddit. Community driven general network security mish-mash.
- The Snort vulnerability research team blog. Researching vulnerabilities to harden network defences.
- The Registers security news page. A slightly more tabloid look at the world of security.
- Nmap. An exceptional network scanner and analyzer.
- Wireshark. The de-facto, open source GUI driven packet capture and protocol analysis tool.
- Top 125 network security tools as voted for by the security community
Techniques, How-To Guides and Tutorials